It is never too late to make fresh and realistic health resolutions with regard to your diet and lifestyle. Today is always the right time to re-examine your goals and decide whether you are on track for a fulfilled and happy life and body weight.
The big question is this: Are you being fair to yourself when you make strict guidelines of diet and exercise that generally fall apart after a few weeks? Most people recoil at the thought of traditional dieting and exercising, especially when faced with the possibility of starvation and deprivation. For all those people who are fed up of weird or extreme diet dictums, the good news is that the best way to lose weight with ease and enjoyment is not to diet or deprive yourself of all the good things in life.
It requires a whole life approach to be healthy and fit. Rather than attack our weight issues piecemeal, the best way forward is to embrace whole life wellness. Most people who plan strict diets do it in the hope that after losing the extra pounds, they will look like a movie star or supermodel. The truth is that the result is often dry and sagging skin or untoned arm, thigh and stomach muscles which are not the outcome that people want. What we want is a happy, healthy, svelte figure brimming with vitality and wellbeing. Stop and think, after trying to lose weight for the millionth time, maybe it is now time to stop dieting and look at the whole picture to achieve your weight-loss goals.
Wellness is not only about losing weight, it is also about a positive mind-set and transforming oneself into a holistically healthy person. This change in focus will not only result in weight loss but also give you great skin, good hair, happiness and best of all, freedom from diets.
Below are some tips to create a more balanced health regime and make a change to wellness starting now:
1. Understand your food weaknesses and indulge them a few controlled times a week. This helps mentally train yourself that weight-loss is not about deprivation and punishment but balance and moderation where you can still have a life of joy and pleasure. It allows you to enjoy your favourite foods in a balanced manner without guilt and without the sadness of feeling like you have to give up all pleasure in your eating.
2. Start an exercise routine that you enjoy which can also be a fun social activity like dancing, or walking the pet, walking for charity or rock-climbing etc. These activities are easier to stick with if you are meeting people and having a ball.
3. Never deprive yourself. Look for ways to make your new healthy eating enjoyable. Try new recipes and experiment with foods to find new favourites. If you feel hungry then develop snacks you love that can keep you filled up. Pinterest is a great place to find new ideas or you can click here for a great e-book with bonus free recipe book to help you lose weight rapidly without hunger or deprivation.
4. Practice mindful eating. People who eat quickly always miss out on the flavours and the enjoyment of food. They also do not feel satiated and end up compensating by overeating. Slowing down actually really helps you digest better, stress less and become full on less food.
5. Look at your unhealthy food and exercise habits and find alternatives. For example, if you are prone to drinking too much of soft drink then substitute some for herbal teas or water with mint which smell and taste good. If you eat too much chocolate or refined sugar then try switching to blueberries for a sweet alternative.
6. Do not starve or eat less. When we cut down on quantities, our emotional system fights back and sabotages us. The best option is to add healthy foods to the diet as replacements before cutting out on food suddenly. If you need a snack then consider a handful of almonds or blueberries before you starve or then break open the crisps.
To get more out of your eating plan and to lose weight in record time without starving yourself or feeling deprived, tired or weak then click here for a full e-book and recipe book to help you enjoy your journey.